Thursday, February 16

The word I never knew, of the week.

Ok, so I clicked on someones face on myspace. It was under the "cool new people" thing on your homepage. I clicked it because the picture looked tripped out. Well lo' and behold what I found. A whole fetish world this guy was into, that I never knew. I'm not a rookie when it comes to knowledge of the bizarre fetishes possible in modern culture... but somehow this one slipped through the cracks on me. Anyway, I'm still a bit taken aback. Hopefully this will expand some of your minds... most likely in a direction you wish you could turn back from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't make fun of my fetish!

amander pander said...

i love words of the day.. rutgers has them on our server. i liked this one..

McJob (muhk-JOB) noun
A low-paying, non-challenging job with few benefits or opportunities,
typically in the service sector.

[Coined by Douglas Coupland, in his novel Generation X, after McDonald's
fast-food chain.]

-Anu Garg (gargATwordsmith.org)

"While Manitoba's Doer administration negatively labelled the customer
contact centre opportunities as McJobs, Hamm saw the potential of
customer contact centres for creating high-calibre careers."
Steve Demmings; Province Missing Boat Attracting High-tech Jobs;
Winnipeg Free Press; Feb 3, 2006